Redesigned library website highlights research, teaching, collections
We are pleased to announce the launch of our redesigned library website, with improved accessibility and greater visibility of key resources, tools and expertise to support your research and instruction.
When we asked how the library website could be improved, the UC Davis and UC Davis Health communities had plenty to say. We listened, and used that user testing feedback (along with a whole lot of data, best practices from other libraries’ websites, and input from our librarians and operations staff) to redesign our site from the ground up. The new site is also informed by the library’s DEI-focused, five-year strategic plan.
I really like the “Research and Write” and “Teaching Support” dropdown menus. I don’t recall it being so easy to find information about data archiving and open source publication on the previous site.—Engineering faculty member
I’m very short on time. If I can’t find what I need quickly, I’ll look somewhere else.—Clinician at UC Davis Health
In addition to improved overall search functionality, a streamlined homepage with icons pointing to our most frequently used resources, and new staff, department and library services directories, the redesigned site offers many new features to address the distinct and varied needs of our library users, including:
- Schedule a research consultation, see research sources and search tools at a glance, explore our services to help you manage your research data, and learn about funding support for open access publishing in our new Research & Write section.
- Get an overview of library collections — from primary sources to library-licensed digital resources — our new Collections section.
- Request custom course guides, library instruction, course reserves, class visits to Archives and Special Collections and more in our new Teaching Support section.
- Learn how you can access thousands of feature films, documentaries and streaming music for use in the classroom, or link to them from Canvas for your students to use in assignments, at our new Videos and Music page.
UC Davis Health and Veterinary Medicine
- Bookmark our Health Sciences Resources portal for quick access to key databases, research guides, health sciences librarian contact information, and library news in health and medicine.
- Our new Getting Started page provides a starting point for undergraduates and others who are new to the library.
- Visit & Study allows students to find study space, reserve a group study room, or register for a library research workshop. Graduate students can reserve a study nook where they can store their research materials.
We invite you to share these resources with your students as appropriate.
We will continue to refine the site through the fall. If you encounter a technical issue with the site, please let us know. If you have other feedback about the website, or would be interested in participating in user testing of our new site, contact library digital communications manager Kristin Burns.