Print, Scan, Copy
Use our multifunction devices for all-in-one printing, copying and scanning
Multifunction devices at each library location allow for all-in-one printing, copying and scanning. Microform devices are also available at Shields Library.
Users will need to swipe their Student ID or ReproGraphics card at any multifunction device to release their print job or access copy and scan functions. For more information, refer to the “Methods of Payment” section of this page.
To locate a multifunction device, look for the “Copy / Print” icon on the library floor maps:
Printing & Copying
Printing is available is available at all UC Davis library locations for a fee. You can print from any library computer or from your own device using the wireless network.
Step 1: Send Print Job
Any of these methods will work:
- Click on the Print icon
- On File menu, click Print
- Using your keyword, hit Ctrl+P on PC or Command+P on Mac
Step 2: Select a Printer
Choose a printer from the Options menu:
- Library Black and White
- Library Color
Step 3: Select the PRINT or OK button
Step 4: Enter ID into Equitrac Express Print Assistant window
You may use the ID number from either your Aggie ID card or a Repro Graphics card purchased from a Paystation. Paystations can be found in Shields Library to the left of the entrance or in Blaisdell near the Reference Desk.
Step 5: Select OK
Leave the Password field blank.
Step 5: Accept Cost
The Cost Preview Print Assistant window will reload and display your document name, cost and card balance. Select Accept to submit your print job.
If you have insufficient funds on your card, you will need to visit a Paystation to add value. Paystations can be found in Shields Library to the left of the entrance or in Blaisdell near the Reference Desk.
Step 6: Swipe Your Card
Go to the nearest copier/printer and swipe your Repro Graphics or Student ID Card with the black magnetic stripe up to complete the print job.
- Go to http://campusprinting.ucdavis.edu
- Click the Print button located under the “Online Printing” heading.
- Enter the ID number that is located on the print card (or your student ID number or departmental copy card number) as prompted.
- Select the “Library Black & White” or “Library Color” printer option in campus libraries.
- Click on Details to view paper size and price.
- Select your document and options:
- Document from your laptop or computer – browse to locate document
- Web Page – type in the url
- Select the number of copies
- Page range
- Press Continue
- Check print options for paper size, duplex and orientation.
- Continue to submit job.
- Job begins approval. Once it is approved, the total cost of the job will display. Click Submit Job to Printer. Note the Job ID number to retrieve the job.
- Go to any multifunction printer and print using your copy card.
- Click the Log Out button toward the bottom of the screen to go back to the Wireless Printing homepage.
- The print job will be held overnight in the print queue and then will be deleted.
Advanced Windows Printing allows for a print job to be sent using the “File > Print” command. Windows users can print directly from their computer if they install the Advanced Windows Printing Print Driver, following these instructions:
- Go to http://campusprinting.ucdavis.edu
- Click on the hyperlinked text “More about Windows print drivers,” located under the Advanced Windows Printing heading.
- Click the hyperlinked word “downloaded” to begin the driver installation process. It will automatically launch, and ask to open or save the PWhere.exe file. Save it to your desktop for easy retrieval.
- Double click the file to launch the installation wizard. You need to agree to the License Agreement.
- Once installed, Choose a Printer 3.6 will appear on your desktop. Open it.
- In the Keywords search box, type in “ucdavis” and click Search. This will give you the various printers available for wireless printing.
- Choose “Library Black and White” or “Library Color” and click OK to connect to it.
- Once connected, it will ask you to Select. After adding your selection, it may ask if you will allow the program to make the change to your computer. Choose Yes.
- Open the document you want to print and go to File > Print.
- When the print dialog box appears, select PrintWhere 3.6 from the the Name drop-down menu. If you have added multiple printers to your computer, click on Printer Properties to choose the one you want to use.
- After sending the print job, go to a printer and swipe your Repro Graphics or Student ID Card with the black magnetic stripe up to complete the print job.
In some cases, certain content cannot be printed using the instructions above. However, the following tips may allow for printing of these items:
- To print a webpage protected by a log-in, save the page as an html file on your computer.
- To print an email message or email attachment save it as a file on your computer. Then select the file using the Browse button.
- PLEASE NOTE: Library computer workstations do not support downloading files to the hard drive.
Printing may also be available via the Campus Printing website.
Still not working? Contact email@example.com for assistance.
Self-serve copying is available at all UC Davis library locations for a fee. Instructions for using the copier are posted near the machine.
Price Per Copied or Printed Page
|Format||8.5 x 11||11 x 17|
|Black and white||$0.10||$0.20|
|Double-sided||Charged as two pages||Charged as two pages|
Self-serve scanning is available at all UC Davis library locations for a fee. Select your scanning option from the main menu of one of our multifunction devices to begin.
When scanning, please note that the card reader does not receive feedback from the device and may time out for “inactivity” after a few minutes. Users are encouraged to save or send their scans every two minutes to avoid losing work.
Price per Scan
Microform Reading and Scanning
Shields Library has a microform reader located on the lower level in the Microforms Reading Room. This machine will read microfilm, microfiche, and microcard formats. There is a scanning workstation that allows users to create PDFs.
This machine is available on a first-come, first-served basis with a 2-hour time limit while others are waiting. Users may place a reservation for the microform reader up to two weeks in advance for large projects.
Assisted scanning can be arranged at the circulation desk.
Price per Scan
Methods of Payment
Student ID Card
Users using their Student ID card to print, copy, or scan will have their usage tracked and their student account will be billed at the end of the each term. There is a minimum charge of $5.00 per billing but, if actual usage is less than $5.00, the difference will be carried over to the next billing period as a credit.
Repro Graphics Card
Repro Graphics cards can be purchased from a vending machine at any library location:
- Shields Library: First Level, to the left of the entrance, near New Books
- Blaisdell Medical Library: Near the multifunction devices, located next to the stacks
Cards may be purchased with cash only; no credit cards or coins are accepted. Change is not given. $0.50 of the initial purchase price is deducted to pay for the card itself. Cards are initially dispensed with only $0.50 value; follow the directions on the front of the vending machines carefully to make certain any remaining amount paid is credited onto the copy card.
If you fail to add the remaining value onto the card before the purchase times out, you will need to contact Repro Graphics at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a credit. Credits can take several days to process.
Additional value may be added to Repro Graphics cards at any of the vending machines that dispense copy cards. Follow the directions on the front of the vending machines carefully.
Lost or Damaged Cards
Student ID cards must be replaced at the AggieCard Office located in 253 Memorial Union.
Repro Graphics cards may be replaced by contacting Repro Graphics.
Users will need to provide the ID number of the lost or damaged card in order to transfer any remaining value from the old card onto the new card.