Accessibility and Safety
Making the Library Accessible for Everyone
We are committed to providing a safe and accessible space for everyone — wherever and however you interact with the library.
Visiting the Library
To support students and other library visitors with disabilities:
- Reservable study rooms are available at Shields Library, including in the 24-Hour Study Room area, and at Blaisdell Medical Library.
- Service animals are permitted in all library buildings. Consistent with UC Davis campus policy, a service animal is a dog that is individually trained to do work or perform tasks for an individual with a disability.
Library Materials and Research Help
To provide all library users with equal access to library materials and research support, we offer:
- Librarian research consultations using assistive technology
- Assistance retrieving books, materials and other physical items
- Access to full-text digitized books for people with a visual or print disability
For more details, go to:
For Your Safety
We all have a role to play in keeping ourselves, our belongings and our community safe. Here are a few things you can do.