Group Study Rooms at Shields Library
Our room reservation system is in beta and will launch at the start of Fall Quarter. For now, group study rooms at Shields Library remain available on a first-come, first-served basis.
There are eight reservable group study rooms in Shields Library. Rooms may be reserved by currently registered UC Davis students.
- Group study rooms are for two or more students.
- Available rooms can be reserved on demand, and up to seven days in advance.
- Student groups may reserve a room once a day, for a maximum of two hours, and up to four hours a week.
- Group study rooms may not be used by instructors, or for office hours or standing meetings.
- For rooms that are not reserved, drop-in use is on a first-come, first-served basis, with priority given to groups.
Large groups interested in using the entire space in room 92 or 162 should reserve both tables (A & B). A different member of your group will need to reserve each one.
You may borrow study equipment, such as mobile whiteboards, through the Circulation Desk.
Room Locations and Types
3 per table
How to Reserve
- Please review our Guidelines for Room Use before making a group study room reservation.
- Reserve a group study room online using your UC Davis (Kerberos) login or in person using the QR code displayed outside the room and/or on room tables.
- Once your reservation is complete, you will receive a confirmation notification at your ucdavis.edu email address. You can choose to have the reservation added to your calendar. Please note: reservations are considered tentative until you receive an email confirmation; unconfirmed reservations may not be honored.
- Keep your reservation confirmation (e.g., email print out, phone screenshot) with you while using the group study room during your reserved time.