Group Study Rooms at Shields Library
Our room reservation system is in beta and will launch soon. For now, group study rooms at Shields Library remain available on a first-come, first-served basis.
There are eight reservable group study rooms in Shields Library. Rooms may be reserved by currently registered UC Davis students.
- Group study rooms are for two or more students.
- Available rooms can be reserved on demand, and up to seven days in advance.
- Student groups may reserve a room once a day, for a maximum of two hours, and up to four hours a week.
- Group study rooms may not be used by instructors, or for office hours or standing meetings.
- For rooms that are not reserved, drop-in use is on a first-come, first-served basis, with priority given to groups.
Large groups interested in using the entire space in room 92 or 162 should reserve both tables (A & B). A different member of your group will need to reserve each one.
You may borrow study equipment, such as mobile whiteboards, through the Circulation Desk.
Room Locations and Types
3 per table
How to Reserve
- Please review our Guidelines for Room Use before making a group study room reservation.
- Reserve a group study room online using your UC Davis (Kerberos) login or in person using the QR code displayed outside the room and/or on room tables.
- Once your reservation is complete, you will receive a confirmation notification at your ucdavis.edu email address. You can choose to have the reservation added to your calendar. Please note: reservations are considered tentative until you receive an email confirmation; unconfirmed reservations may not be honored.
- Keep your reservation confirmation (e.g., email print out, phone screenshot) with you while using the group study room during your reserved time.