Guidelines for Group Study Room Use at Shields Library
Before You Make a Reservation
Please review the following guidelines for group study room use before making a room reservation at Shields Library.
- Priority is given to student groups who have reserved the room using the library reservation system.
- Unsure if a room is reserved? Check the reservation display outside the room: a green bar with “Room Available” means the room is currently open/available; red indicates it is currently in use and for how long.
- Reservations not claimed within 15 minutes of the scheduled reservation start time will not be honored and the room will be made available on a first-come, first-serve basis for the remainder of the unclaimed time slot. Priority is given to groups. Individuals may need to vacate to accommodate groups and/or find other study space if necessary.
- When a room is not reserved in advance, drop-in use is first-come, first-served. Drop-ins should use the QR code in the room to create a reservation upon arrival. Priority is given to groups. Individuals may need to accommodate groups and/or find other study space if necessary.
While Using a Group Study Room
- Group study rooms are a shared resource. Student groups are expected to use them with courtesy and mutual respect, in keeping with the UC Davis Principles of Community. If an issue arises among student users that cannot be resolved, please contact library staff at the Circulation Desk for assistance.
- Rooms do not lock. Do not leave personal belongings unattended.
- Library furniture may not be moved in or out of Group Study Rooms.
- Windows must not be covered in any way that blocks visibility into the room.
At the End of Your Reservation
- Please leave the room by the end of your reservation. Cleaning supplies will be available, if needed.
- Reservations end 15 minutes prior to library closing.
- Please report issues with the room technology here.
- For general assistance with Group Study Rooms, please visit the Circulation Desk.
Failure to follow Group Study Room guidelines may result in users being asked to leave the area and/or in the loss of reservation privileges.