Guidelines for Group Study Room Use at Shields Library
Our room reservation system is in beta and will launch at the start of Fall Quarter. For now, group study rooms at Shields Library remain available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Before You Make a Reservation
Please review the following guidelines for group study room use before making a room reservation at Shields Library.
- Priority is given to student groups who have reserved the room using the library reservation system.
- Unsure if a room is reserved? Check the reservation display outside the room: green means the room is open/available; red indicates it is reserved and for how long.
- Reservations not claimed within 15 minutes of the scheduled reservation start time will not be honored and the room will be made available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- When a room is not reserved in advance, drop-in use is first-come, first-served. Drop-ins should use the QR code in the room to create a reservation upon arrival. Priority is given to groups. Individuals may need to accommodate groups and/or find other study space if necessary.
While Using a Group Study Room
- Group study rooms are a shared resource. Student groups are expected to use them with courtesy and mutual respect, in keeping with the UC Davis Principles of Community. If an issue arises among student users that cannot be resolved, please contact library staff at the Circulation Desk for assistance.
- All current COVID-related library guidelines apply to group study rooms, including any restrictions on food, face covering requirements, etc.
- Rooms do not lock. Do not leave personal belongings unattended.
- Library furniture may not be moved in or out of Group Study Rooms.
- Windows must not be covered in any way that blocks visibility into the room.
At the End of Your Reservation
- Please leave the room by the end of your reservation. Cleaning supplies will be available, if needed.
- Reservations end 15 minutes prior to library closing.
- Please report issues with the room technology here.
- For general assistance with Group Study Rooms, please visit the Circulation Desk.
Failure to follow Group Study Room guidelines may result in users being asked to leave the area and/or in the loss of reservation privileges.