Data Science Office Hours for UC Davis Health
Beginning on July 27, Data Science Office Hours will be offered at Blaisdell Medical Library every Friday from 2-4pm by Carl Stahmer, the library’s director of digital scholarship and associate director of the UC Davis Data Science Initiative.
Data Science Office Hours are open to all members of UC Davis Health, including faculty, residents, graduate students and researchers. Consultations by appointment and drop-in questions are both welcome.
How we can help:
Here are a few examples of data science problems we’ve helped with in the past:
- Extracting, normalizing & analyzing big datasets
- Text mining medical journal articles for references to h. pylori and associated antibiotics
- Performing sentiment analysis of nurses’ notes for patients with community-acquired pneumonia
- Predictive analytics, such as building a model to predict the likelihood of patients missing non-emergency medical appointments
- Mining medical journals to build a research citation/collaboration network
- Topic modeling medical journals to identify the emergence of new disciplines and specialties
Fridays from 2-4pm
Blaisdell Medical Library, Room 1108
Questions? Contact email@example.com or simply drop by any Friday afternoon!