Shields Closed + Resources for Remote Instruction
Welcome to your virtual UC Davis Library.
Shields Library is closing as of 6pm this evening, Friday, March 20, in accordance with the shelter-in-place order now underway and the resulting suspension of on-campus operations. The 24-Hour Study Room remains open to registered students. Just swipe your AggieCard at the Quad side doors to enter.
Our other library facilities:
- Carlson Health Sciences Library is closed.
- Blaisdell Medical Library in Sacramento is open only to members of the UC Davis Health community with badge access.
But your library is not closed for business!
Like most UC Davis employees, our librarians are working remotely and ready to do all we can to help faculty and students prepare for the transition to remote courses for Spring Quarter.
To get you started, we’ve created a special page of useful tips and tools, including:
- How to get to online materials from off-campus
- How to create reading lists in Canvas that allow students to click through directly to online content
- Online books for your courses
- Virtual research consults and librarian-led instruction
- And advice on what legal issues apply when using copyrighted material for remote instruction.
Bookmark library.ucdavis.edu/coronavirus to stay abreast of the latest information; we’ll continue to update and add to this page over the coming days.