SciFinder “Classic” Interface Retirement – July 31
If you have saved answer sets and search alerts, you will need to migrate them into SciFinder-n before 7/31.
On July 31, the University of California’s access to the “classic” SciFinder interface will be retired. SciFinder-n (or SciFindern), which was introduced in 2020, will be the only SciFinder access going forward. With the launch of the new interface, the Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS, a division of the American Chemical Society) halted further development on the old interface to focus on continual updates and enhancements to SciFinder-n features and functionality, and they will sunset the classic SciFinder in the near future. Here’s a quick overview of SciFinder-n.
- If you are already using SciFinder-n, you don’t need to do anything.
- If you are still using SciFinder classic, start using SciFinder-n. You do not need to register for a new SciFinder account; your account credentials will work with both interfaces. Any bookmarks will automatically redirect to scifinder-n.cas.org.
- If you have saved answer sets and search alerts, you will need to migrate them into SciFinder-n before July 31.
- If you are new to SciFinder (either version) and want to use it, you will need to register for an account using your UC Davis email address. Start at the UC SciFinder registration site to begin.
- From off-campus, first login to the VPN to access registration page
- SciFinder-n is restricted to current UC faculty, students, and staff.