Mapping the Future of Geospatial Services at UC Davis Library
Call for focus group participants!
How to Participate
To join a Geospatial Services Focus Group:
The UC Davis Library Map Collection has been a crucial component of our support for geospatial research and teaching across the University, including our support for advanced programs in agriculture, social sciences, environmental studies, history, public health, and the humanities.
The Library seeks input from our campus community to help improve our map collection and geospatial services through a series of focus groups.
Participants will help to inform our service offerings in response to evolving research, teaching, and learning community needs.
Goals of the focus group meetings
- Hear from a diverse range of stakeholders, including faculty, students, and researchers, about their current use of maps and geospatial materials in research and educational activities.
- Help forecast the future and desired use of maps and geospatial materials in research and educational activities evolving on our campus.
- Identify the tools and services the campus community needs to facilitate the collection’s use in research and education.
- Gather feedback on how to increase access to the Library’s maps and geospatial materials.
- Use the information gathered to improve our collection and Library service offerings.
Inform our work
These hour-long focus groups will be held both in-person and online (via Zoom). If you are interested in participating, please complete the questionnaire. We encourage you to submit the questionnaire by Friday, November 3rd. If you have any questions, please get in touch with us at email@example.com.
Feel free to share this announcement with any faculty, instructors, staff, students, or community users who may be interested in participating.