Answers to Peter J. Shields Trivia
Here are the answers to our Peter J. Shields trivia questions from yesterday:
- Besides the Library name two other campus landmarks that are named for Shields. A: Shields Oak Grove is located in the Arboretum and Peter J. Shields Avenue is located directly north of the Library.
- How old was Shields when he passed away? A: Shields passed away on September 28, 1962 at the age of 100.
- What year was the Library named for Shields? A: The Library was named in memory of Shields in 1972. The naming ceremony took place in May 1973.
- Name Shields’ occupation for the majority of his life. A: He was a Sacramento County Superior Court Judge from 1900 until his retirement in 1949.
- What was the name of Shields’ wife? A: He married Carolee Wilsey in 1901. The Carolee Shields White Flower Garden and Gazebo in the Arboretum is named for her.
- Where was Shields born? A: He was born in Hangtown Crossing, a small farming town fourteen miles east of Sacramento, California.