VPN Installation Guide: Chromebook (2 Steps)
Step 1: Download Pulse Secure
Requires Chrome OS 43 or higher. — What version of Chrome do I have?
Step 2: Configure Pulse Secure to Connect to the Library VPN
- After installing Pulse Secure from the web store, select the status area located on the far right side of your Chromebook shelf.
- Select the option titled VPN.
- Select Plus button next to Pulse Secure to add a new connection
- Enter the following connection name and URL then select Save.
Connection Name: Library VPN (or another name of your choosing)
- Open the status area in the right corner of the shelf again. Select the VPN option and then choose Library VPN.
- When prompted, enter your UC Davis Kerberos (CAS) username and password, then select Continue. A second prompt will then request your Duo code/command. See our Library VPN FAQ for options, enter the option you prefer and select Continue to enable the VPN connection.
- The VPN will display as “on” in the status area when it is actively connected.
Congratulations, you are now connected to the library VPN and have access to all of the library’s online resources!