Photography and Videography in the Library
Any individuals, groups, or members of the media wanting to take photos or videos in the library must receive permission from a library administrator.
A request form must be completed for each project and submitted to Library Administration (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The following requirements apply to all photography and videography within the library:
- UC Davis Principles of Community must be followed
- Library users must not be disturbed or asked to move
- No close photography or filming of users without their express consent
- Library operations must not be interrupted
- Any props brought in must be removed immediately after filming
- Any furniture moved during the project must be restored to its original location
The approved request must be carried by members of the project while filming/photography is underway. If any disturbance is caused, any security guard or other library employee may ask project participants to cease filming/photography immediately.
UC Davis Strategic Communications should be contacted as a courtesy regarding any request from off-campus press or filmmakers.